We will assist you in the process of obtaining residence permits in Cyprus.
By law, a non-Cypriot who owns property in Cyprus is entitled to a residence permit, but is not required to hold a permanent residence permit.
For EU citizens there are no restrictions. You just have to complete an application form at the immigration office as a matter of formality, before automatically receiving your permit. Applications forms are available from any local immigration office.
Non-EU citizens need only follow a straightforward procedure:
Temporary permits are granted upon documentary proof of a bank account in Cyprus, sufficient foreign income to support the applicant and his/her family and the sales agreement of the property purchased. Temporary residence status can be from 1 to 4 years.
Permanent Residence Permit
Permanent residence is easy to obtain. Applicants needs to submit an application and provide proof that they and their families are self-supported and have been staying in Cyprus for more than 5 years continuously.
Applications for residential permits can be downloaded from the Ministry of Interior
The following documents must accompany the application:
1. Copy of the sale contract/agreement.
2. Copy of payments to the property developer for the acquisition of property.
3. Copy of a bank statement, confirming the existence of an account with a local bank.
4. Any other document relevant to income (for example, pension/retirement income).
5. Four passport-size photos.
7. Small application processing fee (€34.17).
8. Letter of guarantee obtained from your bank in Cyprus (€512.58).
The application for permanent residence may be submitted to the local immigration office in the area of residence.
For more information, please click here.